Air fryer drumsticks make for a fast and delicious meal in the air-fryer or oven. Even better, by using Aldi drumsticks you can make this recipe that feeds four people for under $4.00 As a plus, we think Aldi chicken is some of the best that’s available so read on and we will show you how to make this tasty and nutritious family dinner.
Air Fryer Drumsticks
One of the many important life lessons that I learned from my late father is that not all chicken is created equally. There is “bad” chicken and then there is “good” chicken. Whether you are in a restaurant or in the grocery store I have found my dad’s words to ring true. I’m here to tell you that Aldi has GREAT chicken.
I make this easy chicken recipe in our oven-air fryer, which, you guessed it, I also found at Aldi, on sale for $59.99. And one of my favorite things to make in this steal is air fryer drumsticks.
How to Make these Chicken Drumsticks
As with any recipe, grab all of your ingredients and make sure you have everything you need.
For this easy chicken drumsticks recipe, this is what I use:
- Chicken drumsticks (3 to 4 lbs for four people)
- Chili powder
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive oil
Once you have everything gathered for this recipe, take a paper towel and blot-dry the drumsticks. This is an important step to any meat that is roasted or air-fried.
After the chicken is blotted-dry, put it all in a large mixing bowl, then:
- Combine the seasoning in a small bowl.
- Pour the seasoning into a small fine-mesh strainer.
- Gently tap the seasoning onto the drumsticks, while stirring them around, with a large wooden spoon.
- You can now roast these in your oven or in the air fryer as we prefer.
Either way, make sure the chicken has a minimum internal temperature of 165°. If using an air fryer to make these drumsticks, be sure and rotate the trays (racks) about halfway through the process, or after about 15 minutes.
I hope you give these air fryer drumsticks a try and be sure to leave a comment below to let us know how they turn out. Also, what other things do you like to make in your air fryer? We would love to hear from you!
Other air fryer recipes we love:
Air Fryer Drumsticks
- Mixing bowl
- Fine mesh strainer
- Small bowl
- Air fryer
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 3.5 lbs Drumsticks Blotted Dry
- 2 tbsp Onion powder
- 2 tbsp Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Chili powder
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your air fryer to 380° and use a paper towel to blot-dry the chicken drumsticks. Place the drumsticks in a large mixing bowl. Pour olive oil over the chicken while using a wooden spoon to stir. Coat the chicken evenly.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl and stir with a fork until completely combined. Transfer the spice mix to a small, fine-mesh strainer. Gently tap the sides of the strainer over the chicken drumsticks while stirring them around. Evenly coat the chicken, with the spice mix.
- Brush some olive oil on the rack (or basket) of your air-fryer. Arragne the drumsticks on the racks, making sure they don't touch each other.
- Air fry for 10 or 15 minutes, then turn the drumsticks and rotate the racks. Air fry for another 10 to 15 minutes, until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°. Serve immediately!
- Make this recipe in the oven at the same temperature, roast uncovered.
- Be sure to blot the chicken dry, using a paper towel, prior to placing in the air fryer or in the oven.
Shaik maboli says
It’s good test spicy chicken
Very easy to make and delicious to eat.