This homemade pop-tart recipe is fun to make and just as fun to eat.
We’re going to show you how to make your own oven-baked pop-tarts using all Aldi ingredients. Even better, for about $3.00, you get 8 servings!
How to Make this Homemade Pop-Tart
These pop-tarts are super tasty and easy to make. You’ll need about a half-hour from start to finish and just a few ingredients. This is what we use:
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 jar preserves
- cream cheese
- powdered sugar
- vanilla extract
- food coloring (optional)
- sprinkles (optional)
We use raspberry preserves for this version of homemade pop-tarts but you can use what you have on hand. Any jam or jelly works, depending on what you like.
The box of pie crusts was on clearance for $0.75, which really helps to make this recipe super inexpensive.
If you’re looking for another great pop-tart recipe, our-sister Platter Talk shows you how to make some with a pumpkin filling. Those are perfect for Halloween!
We have more breadfast ideas on this site, including the fast and easy power-waffles that also come from Aldi.
Homemade Pop-Tart Recipe
- 2 pie crusts
- 12 oz raspberry preserves
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- red food coloring optional
- sprinkles optional
- Preheat the oven to 400° and place some parchment paper on a round cookie baking sheet.
- Remove pie crust from refrigerator and bring to room temperature, about 10 to 15 minutes. Unroll bottom crush onto parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Evenly spread the preserves on the bottom crust, keeping about 1/2 inch border from edge of crust.
- Wet your fingers and then wet the half-inch edge of the crust. Unroll second crust and place on top of bottom crust. Slightly push the edges together to seal them, be gentle when doing this. Use a fork to seal the crust together.
- Lightly roll the edge of the pop-tart upward just a little bit to ensure that it does not stick to the pan while baking.
- Place in oven for approximately 20 minutes or until golden-brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Prepare frosting by adding cream cheese in a small mixing bowl. Add the milk and vanilla and stir. Then use a hand-held fine-mesh strainer to sprinkle the powdered sugar into the mixture while stirring. Add optional food coloring if desired.
- Apply prepared frosting to top of cooled pop-tart. Slice and serve.
- Baking time is approximate. This can take 18 to 23 minutes depending on your oven.
- Adjust milk amount and powdered sugar amount to desired consistency and sweetness.
Leave a Reply